Fava Bean & Couscous Salad with Tahini-Lemon Dressing
- 2 cups fava beans, fresh, dried or canned (for how to cook, see this NYT article)
- 1/2 cup black olives, sliced
- 1 small tomato, cored, seeded and diced (I used a yellow tomato)
- 1/2 cup couscous (any type), cooked according to package directions
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 T. red wine vinegar
- 1 T. tahini
- 1 small clove garlic, finely minced into a paste
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. ground cumin
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, gently combine fava beans, olives, tomato and couscous.
- In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, vinegar, cumin and garlic. Whisk in tahini and olive oil in a stream. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add dressing to fava/couscous mixture and toss to coat (be sure not to overdress). Season with salt and pepper to taste. Chill before serving.