This is the perfect example of using what you’ve got on hand. This dish came together in a snap thanks to frozen peas leftover from making pea soup, a handful of radishes from this salad and a random assortment of herbs. Warm-weather cooking is all about improvisation – no need to turn on the oven!
Late Spring Pea & Radish Salad
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 cups peas, fresh or frozen (defrosted)
- 4 medium red radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 1/2 cup assorted herbs, chopped – I used a combination of dill and parsley
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2-3 scant tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
Combine peas, herbs, radish and feta. Add lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Chill before serving.