People fear the root vegetable – and for good reason, it’s not the prettiest veggie in the patch. If you can get on board with butternut squash, carrots and sweet potatoes, then why not throw a few ‘nips to the mix (parsnips and turnips of course!) The method is simple for whichever root veggies you choose. Simply toss with olive oil, salt, pepper and your favorite herbs and roast until crisp (anywhere from 25 to 45 minutes).
Roasted Turnips and Yukon Gold Potatoes
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Wash and peel vegetables.
- Peel turnips. Leave the potato peels on.
- Cut vegetables into bite-size pieces.
- Toss vegetables with olive oil, salt, pepper and herbs (optional).
- Spread on a large baking sheet.
- Roast until vegetables are tender and browned, about 30 minutes.