This summer saute is delicious hot or cold. Edamame (soy beans) are a great vegetarian source of protein. If you can’t find edamame, feel free to substitute lima beans.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels (about 3 ears)
- 1 (16-ounce) bag frozen, shelled edamame, thawed
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 plum tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 red, yellow or orange bell pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons torn basil
Heat a few tablespoons of olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion; sauté 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add corn kernels; sauté for 3 minutes or until lightly charred. Add edamame, and sauté for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in vinegar and next 5 ingredients (through bell pepper); cook 30 seconds, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with basil.
-Recipe adapted from Cooking Light